Saturday, March 7, 2015

in the lonley hour, original

I spent the last hour thinking and so I wrote this. maybe if anyone ever got to really know me, they would understand me, but they can't. 


Dear sister, 
You walked into my room telling me about people, how you walked down the hallways everyday feeling completely isolated and excluded and lonely, and people just turned away. How there are 7 billion of us on Earth, each of us selfish , each of us choosing to stomp of people, each of us forgetting the human connecting us, each of us lonley. You tell me about how people are born to play the victim, throwing out accusations like words used to fill up the spaces of silence. You told me how people forget how the silence screams volumes and the harsh sounds that entraps and entangles offs our mouths curve their way into swords. I used to do that. Dear sister, but you you craft words into a blanket, promising me love and comfort, I am not lonely, we are not lonely. 
Dear people who talked about me, 
Today I am thankful for you, thankful because you made me realize how people create truths. Truths about someone without knowing anything about them. 2 plus 2 equals 5, or 4, or 6, but today does it really matter? Ultimately the most beautiful aspect of human nature is the myriad of truths existing that we create ourselves. how we all enter life with a blank paper, letting the spectrum of different people and cultures and experiences color their stories on it. 
I do not blame you for ignoring me just because other people colored dusk over my name, I understand how we tend to gravitate towards what is accepted, what allows us to just belong, what makes us a little less lonely. 
Dear everyone I hurt, 
I can count the number of times I apologized on one hand. But today, I am sorry, i am sorry a million times over, I broke your bones and used them as support for my own heavy ego, but today I will not allow our friendship to collapse, I will carry it on my back for however long it takes. 
Dear friend, 
You are my chess board. protecting me from becoming trapped by judgement and hatred, leading me to a way out of sadness. Today I feel like a winner. 
Dear world, 
Are we not all same. Strip away our names, our face, religion, race, gender, love, hate, until we exist only as a looking glass of one another, so naked so similar that all we can do is smile, notice how we share the same laugh, how our hands curve around each other's like lock and key, like we were created to connect them, created to embrace the wrinkles on each of your finger tips. 
Dear life, 

take a glimpse at the person next to you, take a glimpse into their struggles, their aspirations, how each person is a separate story, and a good one, composed of complexities, evil, goodness, but today lets become a part of each other's plot line, choosing to write ourselves into the happy endings. 















No comments:

Post a Comment